Sunday, November 21, 2010

16 Years Ago....

16 years ago on November 22, 1994, my husband and I made it official! We became boyfriend and girlfriend! We were so young, just teenagers!! Here is how it all happened!!

My friend Jess and I started confirmation classes for Catholic's. It was our first day and we sat in our group for prayer, Raul sat across from us! I still remember what he had on and looked like! HAHA! (He sat in his chair with his legs kicked out. He had on blue jeans with a fleece black jacket on. His hair was slicked back.) Jess leans over to me and says "Dude that guy is HOT in front of us!" Although I was already checking out the goods I asked Jess "Which one?" Jess pointed him out and I agreed!! Group prayer ended and we were seperated to our different classes. All three of us ended up in the same class.

A paper was passed around for us to put our phone number and name for attendents. Jess leans over to me and says "I got his number from the sheet!" I was always the more reserved friend. I was surprised and asked her "You seriously will call him? Your brave!" She agreed! I thought he was cute but Im not going to fight for a boy!! Was not worht my time especially with a friend!!

Couple of days passed. It was time for religious class again. My mom dropped me off at Religious class. At that moment Raul was getting dropped off too!! No worries. We ended up walking in the doors together. He said "Hi!! Your friend didn't come with you?"  "Nah, shes probably inside!" I replied. Then I remembered about them and wondered if she called him! She was waiting inside, and I asked. "Did you ever call that guy?" Jess says "Yeah, I called him! But...he wanted info on you!" "On me why?" I asked. "He likes you!!Duh!" Jess said sarcasticly!! I rolled my eyes and brushed it off with her!! Inside I felt a little flattered and caught my self glanceing over to Rauls direction. Many times we would catch each other doing the same thing!! HAHA!!

Group prayer ended and it was time to walk to our class!! Jess started telling me what happend when she called him!! Then says "Honestly I think you two would make a good couple!! Go for it Erica!!" I very flattered but pretended to brush it off!! We were sitting in class just before it started and Jess blurts out "Hey Raul? I told her!" as she nudges me!! I looked at him and saw his smile. I turned around and knew I was probably as bright as a red tomato!! HAHA!!

Since he was sitting close to the door, I waited for him to leave first!! Hoping he would!! I took my sweet time and as I walked out he was waiting for me!! Jess says "I will leave you two alone!" He asked "Can I have your number?" We exchanged numbers!! We talked on the phone every night!!

Three weeks later, talking on the phone every night, and going to lunch once, we made it official!! On November 22, 1994 Raul asked me to be his girlfriend!! =)  <3


That was 16 years ago where I meet my future husband!! Now we are happy and married with 3 kiddos!! What a blessing it has been!!

No comments: