Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Plans!!

I can't believe how Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Time fly's!! I bought my ham already. I am now looking for specials on Turkeys. I want to cook both this year for my family of 5. I usually make our own Thanksgiving dinner for us.

Our Holidays usually consist of traveling to our family's houses! We celebrate Thanksgiving dinner 3 days out of the week!! HAHA!! Thats how we roll!! Let me explain!

Wednesday night (Thanksgiving Eve) I make a Thanksgiving dinner for my family of 5. Yes its a lot of cooking but I love it!! It gets us together to start a tradition and memories for us to cherish. On Thanksgiving day we will be heading off to my mother-in-laws for Thanksgiving lunch! So I hope anyways! They have not made any plans yet! They always plan it at the last minute EVERY SINGLE YEAR. ~sigh~ We usually do a pot luck Thanksgiving there. Each family brings a dish or two.  For dinner we will be going to my mom's. My mom likes to make everything for dinner but I still like to contribute to something!! So this year I will make a pasta salad. YAY me!! LOL!! On Black Friday my Dad's family make their Thanksgiving lunch. My Daddy is no longer with us! =*(  I still have my grandma (Dad's mom) and we go to her house.  She asked the family to celebrate Thanksgiving on a different day so we could all be together!! No rushing to go to other family's houses!! It's worked and we love it!! We usually do a pot luck Thanksgiving there too!!

This is the story how we celebrate Thanksgiving 3 days out of the week!! Haha!! Sounds exhausting but we love it!!!

Hubby and I still get up on Black friday to go shopping!! We don't wait in line. Were not that crazy in wanting an item!! =) Most of the time what we want is still there when we walk in when the store opens!! HA! I am always down for a good deal!! Im a stay at home Mama and need to help save too!! =)

Not sure how many readers I will get but My family and I are wishing you A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!


 

1 comment:

Tys said...

Hi Erica! Welcome to the blogosphere! ;) I used to have a lot of Thanksgivings growing up too... but now we're on our own down here. This year we've been invited to celebrate with a group of friends, so we're looking forward to that! Happy Thanksgiving, looking forward to more posts from ya!